Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Eager Gardener

Hi guys!  Sorry, I am about to post a few of my blog entries.. I started writing them in a word document when I could not get my username to work with the website!



1)    When this project was first proposed, I found myself eager to begin.  I come from a family who loves to garden and figured that somewhere in my blood stream that I was born for this.  Little did I know that I truly knew nothing at all.  I approached the garden beds by the church and was immediately struck with the bareness of the plots.  Originally I thought that we would be dealing with a plush bed of green grass and would find moist soil.  I was wrong.  The dry dirt caught my gaze and a sudden feeling of hopelessness quickly washed over me.  I wondered how several ambitious students would be able to take these plots and turn them into something that we would all be proud of.  I quickly gained reassurance when I heard the laughter of my classmates and newfound friends in the background and found comfort in knowing that we were all in this together.  My pessimistic outlook vanished away and was replaced with excitement to become a gardener and experience the process we have read about in class.  I think that the hardest part for me will be not receiving immediate gratification from results. Over the years I have worked to become a more patient person and I think that this garden will really aid in this process.  I think I need to realize that nothing will necessarily happen overnight… but beneath the surface, our little babies will be growing.. until one day they break through the surface to meet us for the very first time…. I can’t wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment