Sunday, May 6, 2012

Uncertainty


Uncertainty. The feeling that you get in the pit of your stomach when you plant something so minuet and plain into the ground and hope that something will sprout from it resulting in a plant. Or it could be the idea that you just want some sign from the little seed that it is going to sprout, like a magic bean. You plant it in the ground, and it automatically springs up and grows roots telling you that you planted it correctly and that it will produce a green bean. But no, yesterday we planted our little seedlings, provided by Sara, and while I placed Marigold seeds horizontal in the tomato, basil and pepper bed and made sure that the seeds where only a ¼ inch deep in the ground and six inches apart. All I could think of is, well, I hope I did this right because if not I probably just killed some innocent seeds. With the rain this morning there is some certainty left in me that our little seedlings got a nice drink of water and may spring up in the next week. But, I silently begged and asked the seedlings as I covered the soil over them that they could give me some sort of sign that they were going to make it. Just another lesson learned in starting your own garden 101.

No comments:

Post a Comment