Saturday, May 5, 2012

Working As a Group


When I realized that this group project was to become a viable option I was more than pumped. It seemed like such a simple endeavor, especially when sitting in Drown 102A surrounded by my classmates. I thought that nothing could go wrong considering they were to be about ten of us working together on these two plots (Also Sara and Will know how to garden! This fact alone buoyed my spirits). Personally, I am comforted by the fact that if I ever have a question or problem I can turn to anyone in my group and work together towards a solution. It seems like such an adventure when trekking down to Carlton to meet with my peers to do a little gardening.

On the other hand, it seems a little odd that we have a crew of ten for two very small plots of land. Sometimes I feel downright confused to how this turn of events came about, since we were originally meant to write a ten-page research paper. It seems odd to throw a bunch of people together, who for the most part do not know what they are doing, and have them coordinate to plant seeds. I think the part that really throws me for a loop is that the group must obviously approve every decision regarding the garden. I feel this is odd just because we usually head down alone for some reflection and small touch ups due to the lack of actual weeding and other jobs that accompany germination. However, I cannot say that I would have this any other way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment