Sunday, May 6, 2012

Oh the cooking adventures you will have..



            Lately, I have been thinking about all the foods that I once detested at the dinner table when I was younger. Brussels sprouts were a common one that required me to throw back my head in protest. Then there was spinach, Swiss chard, celery (to be honest I still hate this one, sorry to all those that like celery, it only tastes like water.) and the number one and probably most common, bell peppers. To say the least, I was a typical chicken nugget and macaroni and cheese type of child. As I grew older, vegetables started to find their place in my appetite and soon enough my plates were beginning to be filled, and eaten with leafy greens. I found it entertaining, reflecting back on planting the vegetables that I was getting excited about all the possibilities and cooking adventures I can do with all the veggies and tomatoes we will be planting. Not to over exaggerate but I was like a little kid on Christmas morning, asking myself questions like, I wonder how hard it is to make tomato sauce for pasta. Or, will I put walnuts or pine nuts in the pesto I could make if the basil survives? I apologize to all my fellow garden cultivators that I wasn’t there to begin the process by doing hours of weeding. So thank you, and I do not know if I can express how excited I am that our first plants our newly planted in the ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment