Sunday, May 6, 2012

Why Can't I Control Mother Nature?


Today in our texting group that we use to interact with one another, like updates when we may possibly go to the garden and informing the whole group how the garden is going. Sara sent a text that we have to hold off on planting the seeds today because of the fact that it will be cold tonight which could, I presume, kill the seeds. I was kind of disappointed, one since I was looking for a study break today and taking a mental break in the garden would have been a better option than watching a twenty minute show and two, I really wanted to plant sunflower seeds. At the local fruit market I worked at for the past three summers, after all the squash and basil is picked from the field. My boss plants sunflower seeds all across the small half-acre plot of land and when the sunflowers bloom, it seemed that the once brown colored field, turns golden. So again, just another thing I am excited about to be planted in our garden. Now if only this weird weather of moments of intense winds, freezing nights, cold mornings and slightly warm afternoons would cooperate and allow us to plant our seeds!

No comments:

Post a Comment